Education Strategy and Planning Manager 2 (4-H Animal Science Specialist)
Seeking a 4-H Youth Development Animal Science Specialist to serve as member of a team committed to enhancing the Pennsylvania 4-H Program. The Specialist is responsible for developing a research-based, comprehensive educational program based on sequential learning opportunities focusing on positive youth development principals within 4-H Animal Sciences programming.
The Specialist will collaborate with faculty, staff, educators, volunteers, youth and animal industry stakeholders to build the capacity and ensure the integrity of the 4-H Animal Science program. This individual will provide educational leadership and Animal Science expertise to 4-H Educators and volunteers to implement and evaluate a consistent program across the state.
This individual will report to the Assistant Director, 4-H Youth Development Programs. Serve as the lead role to plan and implement 4-H Animal Science programming that is consistent with the philosophy, policy, overall mission and educational objectives of the Penn State Extension 4-H program.
The Specialist will also:
- Work with Extension faculty and staff to develop, deliver and evaluate new and innovative 4-H Youth Development Extension programming and learning experiences in all project areas of the 4-H Animal Science program.
- Communicate 4-H philosophy, mission and values through development of programmatic procedures with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support 4-H animal science related subject matter, curriculum, activities and events.
- Enhance the animal science program to create an environment for inclusion and quality learning for all 4-H members without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical or mental disability.
- Develop research-based curriculum including record books and resource guides that focus on quality animal management, life skills, leadership development and career readiness.
- Design curriculum materials and implementation strategies which will engage youth who have not been traditionally involved in the 4-H animal science program.
- Expand educational resources and opportunities for youth through diverse delivery methods and technology accounting for various learning styles. Ensure staff and volunteers have the knowledge and tools to easily and effectively implement the curriculum with youth.
- Create, design, teach and evaluate volunteer and staff development with emphasis on local (club) level educational opportunities for members. Trainings will help volunteers and staff effectively deliver subject matter content and foster positive youth development, which enhances current and evolving 4-H Youth Development Animal Science Extension programming.
- Support inquiries from staff and volunteers with questions related to animal science curriculum, research and industry standards.
- Design a program evaluation strategy for communicating the impact of the 4-H Animal Science program focusing on life skill development, knowledge gained and behavioral change.
- Work with the Extension Evaluation Specialist to develop the implementation plan and appropriate tools.
- Prepare program impact reports to share with internal and external audiences and assist with marketing the organization and the accomplishments of the 4-H Animal Science Program.
- Continually enhance and strengthen the program.
- Use the data collected to evaluate the effectiveness and consistency of delivery across the state.
- Serve as a State 4-H liaison on the State 4-H Animal Science working group and the State Extension Animal Systems Team.
- Create a network of youth, volunteers, staff and stakeholders to gather input and serve as in an informal advisory capacity for program planning.
- Work closely with Penn State Extension faculty, staff and Extension Educators in addition to animal industry stakeholders.
- Build partnerships and collaborations across the state to support the educational mission of the 4-H Animal Science program. These partnerships will lead to expert speakers, educational supplies and resources, and funding for educational experience for both 4-H members and volunteers.
- Provide expertise as appropriate to help 4-H and local fair show opportunities align with industry standards and the educational mission.
Typically requires a Master's degree or higher plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Ph.D. is preferred. Additional years of relevant experience is also preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who have 4-H experience and/or animal science industry experience.
Candidate should possess teaching, program development and evaluation skills, and demonstrate effective communication skills necessary to work effectively with youth, parents, leaders, government officials, and the general public.
Seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills as wel as the ability to:
- Identify needs and develop educational programs related to the 4-H Animal Sciences program areas.
- Handle multiple demands and set priorities.
- Work well with minimal supervision, including prioritizing workload to meet deadlines.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Education-Strategy-and-Planning-Manager-2--4-H-Animal-Science-Specialist-_REQ_0000000715-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency