(Postdoc) Research Scientist
Biomedical Engineering NFR-JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Artificial Intelligence and Modeling Lab for Cardiovascular Diseases (AIMCardio Lab) at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute is currently offering multiple postdoc and research scientist positions.
We seek candidates who are self-motivated, reliable, energetic, and passionate about fluid-structure interaction (computational and/or experimental) and its applications for cardiovascular diseases and medical devices.
AIMCardio Lab has long-standing collaborations with several U.S. hospitals (Geisinger Medical Center, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Boston Children's Hospital, Children's Hospital of Atlanta, etc.) and medical device companies.
- Experience with flow visualization techniques, such as Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV), or
- Experience with fluid-structure interaction simulation.
- Conduct a variety of team-oriented and independent investigations in the planning, development, and implementation of original experimental procedures within the overall scope of the research project.
- Collect, analyze and report on experimental data; create and maintain accurate and timely records of test results and protocol design; publish research findings in conference proceedings and high-impact research journals.
- Exercise independent responsibility for project outcomes, and design research for others to conduct.
- Actively participate in soliciting funds through various federally funded research grant mechanisms (NIH, NSF etc.), and translational research funds.
- Participate in industry projects.
- Work on innovation oriented technological projects with potential for commercialization.
- Mentor graduate students, undergraduate students, and technicians.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/XMLNAME--Postdoc--Research-Scientist_R0002505
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency