This ad is expired.
- Administrative Assistant for Research Leadership Team
- Go to our website »
Administrative Assistant for Research Leadership Team
About the Opportunity
The Administrative Assistant for the Research Leadership Team (RLT) at the Roux Institute reports to the Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice Provost for Portland, Maine. This Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of a portion of the Research Leadership Team at the Institute, consisting of Faculty and Research Directors. Under supervision of the Executive Assistant, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and communications on behalf of these directors. This person will handle complex situations and requests and will help to support and coordinate meetings, special events, and other administrative duties as needed.
Bachelor's degree required with experience in an office environment; Experience working in higher education a plus. Candidate must be a mature professional who can manage an intense workload and produce quality results in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to manage multiple calendars with ease and efficiency. Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated, organized, and extremely detail oriented. Must be proactive and be resourceful to find workable solutions and should work well with others at all levels. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required. Ability to multitask and prioritize day to day work with great deal of flexibility. Must have excellent computer skills, experience with both PCs and Macs, and advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.-and familiarity with mobile technology (iPhones, iPads, etc.). Majority of assigned work will be conducted during standard business hours; however, it is essential that the candidate must be available for early morning, late evening, and occasional weekend work as required.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Administrative Support, RLT Operations, 80%
- Provides administrative support under the supervision of the Executive Assistant to the Faculty Directors, Research Directors, and Strategic Alliance Directors
- Schedules appointments and maintains complex calendars
- Works closely to support the Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice Provost
- Helps coordinate logistics for meetings and special events under supervision of EA and other team members, including agendas, note taking, space reservations, catering, etc.
- Assists with ordering materials and other items as needed for Research Leader
Other General Administrative Duties, 20%
- Provides backup coverage to reception
- Overflow faculty and learner/co-op support as needed
- Helps with academic onboarding of new staff as needed
- Coordinates on campus activity as it relates to academic operations and team
- Assist with supporting project completion under deadline as needed. Essential
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Portland-ME/Administrative-Assistant-for-Research-Leadership-Team_R105907
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency