Advancement Services Prospect Researcher
Department: Advancement Dept
Working Title: Major Gifts Associate
Vacancy Type: Senior Academic and Administrative Officer
Min T/E Requirements:
Masters Degree preferred or Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of experience in higher education advancement or a related professional field.
1. Exceptional communication skills with special emphasis on advanced writing ability and editing. Ability to communicate effectively with top-level donors and senior UNCP administrators.
2. Demonstrated organizational and research abilities with strong attention to detail, including analyzing large volumes of information from disparate sources and synthesizing it in a cogent and concise form.
3. Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, database software and reporting, and the ability to conduct data analysis and work with financial information. Knowledge of PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a time-constrained environment. Ability to initiate and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
5. Professionalism, maturity, and an ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Salary Range: Commensurate upon Education and Experience
Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Position #: 3349
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months per Year: 12
Work Schedule Type:
Primary Purpose of Organization Unit:
Fundraising, gift management, and execution.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Advancement Services and Prospect Research Program Associate
The UNC Pembroke Office of Advancement leads the university's fundraising effort and is a diverse team of committed and creative professionals. UNCP benefits from an outstanding tradition of alumni and community giving, as well as significant and growing support from parents, friends, corporations, and foundations. The Office of Advancement offers a dynamic and challenging work environment with opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, and rewards of a UNCP Advancement career.
UNC Pembroke's next Advancement Services/Prospect Researcher will fill a key role in the fundraising success of the University and has a stimulating range of responsibilities working with the Vice Chancellor of Advancement and other senior fundraisers, both at the University and those serving in volunteer capacities. The successful applicant to this role will be an outstanding communicator with demonstrated excellent writing skills and a command of basic research and database tools. With an energetic drive, professional curiosity, and attention to detail, the successful candidate will have close interaction with high-impact donors and University leaders in a fast-paced environment.
Working with considerable independence, the Advancement Services Prospect Researcher provides high-level administrative and fundraising support to the Vice Chancellor for Advancement and other senior members of the University's Advancement team.
1. Drafts a variety of written materials, including detailed individual prospect briefings and gift agreements, proposals in support of specific university initiatives, and internal and external correspondence that conforms to the style and voice of the sender.
2. Coordinates research on individual donors and the history and status of gift commitments as needed by the Vice Chancellor and other university officials. Ensures the accuracy of gift acknowledgments and all information communicated to donors and prospects.
3. Prepares reports on prospect pools summarizing giving, status, affiliation, and other data points, as needed.
4. Assists in the coordination of special events, including dedications, donor recognition events, and celebration of special initiatives to ensure timely and successful completion of the proceedings.
5. Designs and produces ad hoc reports based on data extracted from primary databases to support fundraising programs.
6. Manages certain components of stewardship functions to ensure that donors receive ongoing communication regarding the benefits of their gifts to UNC Pembroke.
7. Supports fundraising directors and gift officers in a range of additional activities related to the university's advancement effort, as needed.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Lic or Certifications Required by Statute or Regulation:
Job Opening Date: 02/18/2021
Job Closing Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Posting Category: Managerial/Non-Faculty Professional
Posting Number: EPA00504
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
To apply, visit https://jobs.uncp.edu/postings/7112
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency