This ad is expired.
TheUNHDiversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide
Summary of Position
The Home Horticulture Education Program Manager will serve as the primary source of research-based information related to agriculture, gardening, and pest management for Cooperative Extension's Home Horticulture and Master Gardener volunteer programs. The person in this position will create and coordinate development of educational content for home garden audiences and will work with Extension staff and volunteers to provide research-based information to NH's gardening public.
- Provide research-based information on topics related to gardening, landscape, and pest management to Master Gardener volunteers and the general public through Cooperative Extension's Education Center located in Goffstown, NH.
- Provide oversight and guidance to volunteers working at the Extension Education Center.
- Create and deliver educational content (articles, workshops, videos, etc.) for home garden audiences.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of educational materials created by volunteers.
- In collaboration with the Master Gardener Program Manager, develop, update, and deliver educational curriculum and instruction for the Master Gardener Program.
- In cooperation with Extension's Food and Agriculture program staff, conduct ongoing educational needs assessment for home horticulture clientele and develop annual plans of work for Extension's home horticulture program.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned by Program Team Leader.
- Ensure programmatic involvement of under-served and under-represented audiences and ensure that all educational programming is conducted in full accordance with civil rights, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) policies and procedures.
Acceptable Minimum Level of Education-Bachelor's degree
Acceptable Minimum Years of Experience-2 years
Additional Job Information
This position is located in the UNH Cooperative Extension Education Center in Goffstown, NH.
Other Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in horticulture, plant science, sustainable agriculture, or related field and two years' experience in work related to delivering educational programs.
- Previous work experience in a related discipline (ie. landscaping, nursery production/sales, farming, plant health diagnostics)
- Strong human relations and communication skills.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Excellent writing skills.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
To view description and apply, visit https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/39578
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency