This ad is expired.
Livestock Extension Educator
Penn State Extension is seeking a Livestock Extension Educator based in Mercer County, Pennsylvania. Since 1921, Penn State Extension has responded to the needs of local residents and industry stakeholders with unbiased, research-based information, tools, and education that people have come to depend on and trust. Our programs are developed in direct response to community and industry input. They are based on current information from Penn State and other Land Grant universities nationwide.
- Serve as a nationally recognized Penn State Extension Livestock team member.
- Plan, design, implement and evaluate educational and applied research programs for livestock producers, employees, and industry representatives.
- Provide education and technical assistance for livestock producers in business management, marketing, health, nutrition, feeding management, production, reproduction, genetics, and nutrient management.
- Conduct Extension education programs utilizing a variety of informal education methodologies.
- The candidate will be part of a state team and thus expected to participate in and deliver programs statewide. The home base will be Mercer County. Compensation is based on the experience of the successful candidate.
- Penn State offers competitive benefits to full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans, in addition to generous vacation time (18 days per year; accrued 12 hours monthly), sick time (12 days a year; accrued 8 hours monthly) and paid holidays (12 per calendar year).
- Flexible work arrangements available to optimize work/life balance.
- Develop and/or participate in interdisciplinary collaborations across multiple disciplines and institutions.
- Work closely with university-based research faculty to develop and conduct applied research relevant to clientele needs.
- Develop original content to engage audiences through innovative educational methods such as online courses, videos, mobile apps, and electronic publications, in addition to traditional publications and in-person presentations.
- Contribute to a significant effort in the state to improve livestock management practices and the viability of the Pennsylvania livestock industry.
- Participate in developing a diverse external funding portfolio (e.g., grants, contracts, cost recovery, development) to support the team's programs.
Education and Experience:
This position will be filled as a level 3 or 4, depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience. Typical requirements for a level 3 include a Master's degree or higher plus two years or more related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional requirements include:
- Documented ability to work effectively on a team and with diverse populations and audiences.
- Documented ability and proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Office 365.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, use of a private automobile, and the ability and desire to travel. Since this position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as part of your job duties, successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Commitment to helping ensure diverse, equitable, and inclusive programs.
- The candidate should demonstrate positive human relations and effective communication skills necessary to work effectively with team members, farmers, industry representatives, government officials, and the general public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in English and valued in other languages.
- Experience in all types of livestock production preferred. A strong background in beef or small ruminant production is a desirable attribute.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Mercer/Extension-Educator_REQ_0000048993-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency