This ad is expired.
- Administrative Manager and Assistant to the Vice Provost for Research
- Go to our website »
Administrative Manager and Assistant to the Vice Provost for Research
Waco, TX, United States
Job Identification: 14140
Posting Date: 02/02/2023, 06:04 AM
Job Schedule: Full time
Locations: Waco, TX, United States
Degree Level: Associate
What We Are Looking For
The Administrative Manager & Assistant to the Vice Provost for Research facilitates departmental operations and provides high-level administrative support to the Vice Provost for Research and other staff as needed. An Associate degree, five years relevant work experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A Bachelor's degree and seven years of relevant work experience are preferred.
A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of these requirements. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
- Support day-to-day administrative operations of the Office of the Vice Provost for Research.
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the Vice Provost for Research and other designated staff.
- Partner closely with department Business Officer and key campus contacts.
- Assist upper-level management with personnel matters, maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks including drafting agendas, letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other resource documents. Plan, implement, and enhance office operations.
- Provide effective coordination and communication. Arrange travel and accommodations for department leadership.
- Schedule and attend meetings on behalf of leadership, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receive incoming communication on behalf of leadership, review contents, determine importance, and summarize and/or distribute contents to appropriate staff.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Perform office management tasks including monitoring and ordering supplies and coordinating needs related to equipment and facilities in coordination with department business office
- May supervise administrative staff as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission.
- Ability to comply with University policies.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylors commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/requisitions/preview/14140
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency